Ras Kimono is dead

By Admin - June 13, 2018


It's black Sunday for the Nigerian music industry with the death of a reggae legend,
Ukeleke Onwubya, popularly known as Ras Kimono.

He died this morning at Lagoon Hospital, Victoria Island in Lagos, after a brief illness at the age of 60.

Ras Kimono is said to have concluded plans to travel to the United States of America, last night, before he complained of "feeling funny" and was rushed to the hospital, where he gave up the battle.

The reggae star had in a recent chat with newsmen in Lagos said he had been a vegetarian for more than 37 years and neither smoked nor drunk alcohol.

“Even when my friends were having sex with two girls at the same time in those days, I didn’t join them. I have never done what these girls and boys call threesome despite being famous and I am sure there are other people who have never done that too. When people attribute recklessness to youthful exuberance, I get worried because I once passed through that stage too. I believe it is all about your upbringing. The fact that you are young doesn’t mean you should be wayward.” He said.

The music icon will be remembered most especially for his hit songs ‘We no want’ and ‘“Rum-Bar Stylée”.

Adieu Ras Kimono.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments